Our moving checklist is designed to assist you in preparing for your big move.These tips will help ease the stress of moving. If you have any questions or need any guidance please Contact Us!
One Month Before Your Move
- Reserve your moving date with Lion Moving Company and receive confirmation email.
- If you have things you do not plan to move, have a garage sale or donate those items.
- Continue to pack so you do not get overwhelmed as you approach your move date.
- If you’re moving into an apartment building, find out where the truck can park and if you need to make arrangements or reserve an elevator.
- If you’re selling furniture, make a plan for when and where to list the items for sale. You can probably live without that hutch if it sells on Craigslist in a flash, but not your bed.
Two Weeks Before Your Move
- Schedule your change of address at the post office or at moversguide.usps.com.
- Make sure you have your cleaning supplies ready for the "BIG CLEAN".
- Put in request to stop or transfer utilities like Comcast, Dish, lawn are etc.
- Arrange for sitters for young children and pets on moving day.
One Week Before Your Move
- Other addresses to change: driver’s license and insurance cards (for yourself and your car if you have one). Also, make sure your prescriptions are changed to a local pharmacy or will be delivered to your new address if you get them by mail.
- Keep packing, but make sure to leave out what you’ll need on moving day, and anything else essential if it will take a while for you to be reunited with your stuff. Also, make sure those items are in luggage or boxes clearly marked “DO NOT MOVE.”
- Change or halt newspaper delivery and any other regular deliveries.
- Confirm the date and time of the move; discuss any changes because of possible bad weather, and what the company will and won’t take (plants are rarely moved, and they probably won’t take your fireworks either). If you’re moving into a building, confirm the elevator and parking situation.
One Day Before Your Move
- Pack up the food you’re taking with you. (For nonperishables you’re not bringing, donate them to a local food bank.
- Make sure your luggage and the “DO NOT MOVE” boxes are far from what the movers are taking.
Day Of The Move
- Be ready when your movers arrive and able to answer any questions we may have.
- Sweep up behind you, and do one more check of the house, including the basement and attic.
- Once the truck is packed and ready to go, complete a walk thru with our supervisor to make sure everything is packed correctly.
- Make sure all lights are turned off and doors are locked.